Award-winning, extremely passionate, high potential and visionary Director of Photography with 10 years of experience in feature films, commercials, music videos and documentaries.
Nicola have an in-depth understanding of photography and motion pictures story telling, he always brings a passion for problem solving and he constantly look to to build high performing teams.
With an extensive knowledge of cameras and lighting he knows how to tell a story using shadows, colors and camera movements efficiently. He is able to achieve cutting edges images using both natural lighting and practicals in low lighting conditions.
“Every frame, every inch of how I frame and, light and how I see the world through a lens allow me to access my soul and put it into images”
Knowledge of: Steadicam, cranes and Jib arms, dollies and sliders, shoulder supports, tripods and heads, suction mount, car mounts, green and blue screen, rain towers and special FX.
Strong knowledge of post-production softwares for both editing and color correction: Adobe CC creative suite, Final Cut PRO and X, DaVinci Resolve, AE.
USA Green Card owner
Fluent in English and Italian, Basic French.
from 2007 to current CINEMATOGRAPHER
from 06/2012 to 09/2014 Cinematography Instructor @ New York Film Academy – NYC
from 06/2006 to 08/2010 Editor & Colorist @ LoadingLab inc. – Siena, ITALY
from 09/2006 to 08/2010 Professor @ University of Siena – Siena, ITALY
– 2007 to 2009 Cinematography instructor @ University of Siena
– 2006 Co-founder of Loading Lab visual artworks
– 2004 Bachelor Degree in Psychology of Communication @ University of Siena
– 1998 Scientific Studies High School Diploma at Liceo Scientifigo G. Marconi
– 2016 American Society of Cinematographers Master Class
– 2010-2011 attended 1-year Cinematography program @ New York Film Academy