Nicola Raggi is an Award-winning cinematographer with a strong and unique style, who was deeply influenced by his work with three-time Academy Award winner, Vittoio Storaro as well as the great Luca Bigazzi.
On the commercial front, Nicola’s credits include the GAP 2017 spring/summer campaign.
Early in his career, Nicola honed his craft as a colorist, editor and camera assistant in countless projects around the world.
Mr. Raggi’s wide body of work has screened in competition at international festivals including Torino Film Festival, Berlin and SXSW. He won the “Golden Gondola” for Best Cinematography (Torino Film Festival) in 2015.
Other recent projects include the American independent feature, Flesh Is Heir To, an acclaimed erotic noir selected to the Milano Film Festival 2018; Tom’s Dilemma, a New York drama, produced by Darren Dean (Tangerine, The Florida Project); The Adventures of Jubeez, an action-adventure movie shot in New Mexico.
In 2010, Nicola won the Bernardo Bertolucci scholarship to attend the cinematography program at the New York Film Academy where he later taught cinematography. Mr. Raggi currently lives in Los Angeles with his wife and son.
US Permanent Resident (Green Card owner)
from 2006 to current CINEMATOGRAPHER
from 06/2012 to present Cinematography Instructor @ New York Film Academy – NYC
from 06/2006 to 08/2010 Editor & Colorist @ LoadingLab inc. – Siena, ITALY
from 09/2006 to 08/2010 Professor @ University of Siena – Siena, ITALY
– 2006 Co-founder of Loading Lab visual artworks
– 2016 American Society of Cinematographers Master Class
– 2010-2011 attended 1-year Cinematography program @ New York Film Academy
– 2005 3D animation and modelling (MAYA) @ ARSNOVA Siena
– From 1998 to 2006: PhD in Psychology of communication at University of Siena
– 1998 Scientific Studies High School Diploma at Liceo Scientifigo G. Marconi